The season of Lent should be a time of spiritual growth. During Lent, we make a special effort to shake free of distractions and focus our minds and hearts on God. Our bodies too. The old practice of fasting during Lent was to get your body on board also.
"This year, I pray that we will all draw closer to Jesus during Lent. My choice of scripture readings reflects this. The gospel of John devotes a lot of attention to Jesus’ last supper with his disciples. More of Jesus’ words on that occasion are recorded in John than any other gospel. I could not preach through his entire Farewell Discourse, so I selected two rich passages from it. I will also preach through his High Priestly Prayer (found in John 17). I hope sermons will bring us back to what—and who—matters most." - Pastor David Mauldin
All services are held in person (with masks and social distancing) and live streamed on our website, Facebook page, and YouTube Channel. Our traditional services are in the sanctuary at 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.; our contemporary service is in the Huizenga Family Life Center at 9:30 a.m. Join us!
- February 21, 2021 (1st Sunday in Lent) - John 15:1-11 Vine & Branches
- February 28, 2021 (2nd Sunday in Lent) - John 15:12-17 No Greater Love
- March 7, 2021 (3rd Sunday in Lent) - John 17:1-5 Jesus Prays for Himself
- March 14, 2021 (4th Sunday in Lent) - John 17:6-19 Jesus Prays for His Disciples
- March 21, 2021 (5th Sunday in Lent) - John 17:20-26 Jesus Prays for His Church